RED WINE & CAPER SAUCE RECIPE
Half a bottle of a good and well-rounded red wine
3 teaspoons of capers
2 bay leaves
3 cloves of crushed garlic with the skin on
Sprig of Thyme
Teaspoon of brown sugar
50g of cold diced unsalted butter
Salt & pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a pan except for the butter and capers.
- Reduce until the mixture becomes slightly thicker in its consistency.
- Strain and put to one side.
- Then when ready to use, put on the heat and then add the squares of unsalted butter until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the capers just before serving.
- Add salt and pepper a little at a time to taste.