Hollandaise Sauce recipe
INGREDIENTS (based on 2 people):
2 egg yolks at room temperature
1 tablespoon of water
85g of unsalted butter cut into cubes
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to taste
Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Place a heat proof bowl over a medium saucepan and quarter fill with water. Bring to the boil.
- Remove the bowl and then add the 2 egg yolks together with 1 tablespoon of water. Replace the bowl on top of the saucepan of water, making sure the water is hardly simmering and is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
- Using a whisk, mixt constantly for 3 mins until you have a thick and pale consistency.
- Add cubes of butter a little at a time until it’s incorporated completely. This should take about 8 – 10 mins. If the butter is added too quickly, the mixture will split.
- Remove the bowl from the pan. (It should be the consistency of a thickened cream).
- Whisk in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Become a fan of Beurre-Blanc on FACEBOOK here.