Sticky Belly Pork Recipe
3 kgs of Belly pork
1 tablespoon of peppercorns – crushed
2 large onions – sliced
4 tablespoons of clear honey
2 tablespoons of cumin
1 chilli pepper – de-seeded
1 pint of cider
3 tablespoons of French mustard
Splash of cream
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Chop the onions and apples. Add these to a high-sided roasting tray.
- Add the cider and the mustard.
- Place the belly pork on a cooling rack and then put this into the high-sided roasting tray.
- With some kitchen town, dry the top of the skin of the pork.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Put the clear honey, cumin, red chilli and mustard into a blender and blend until smooth
- Add the crusted pepper as required.
- Remove the pork from the oven and then remove the top layer of crispy skin from the pork.
- Smooth the honey mixture from the blender over the pork and put back into the oven for a further 40 mins.
- After 40 mins, remove the pork from the oven again and then baste the meat.
- Put the pork back into the oven for a further 30 mins.
- Remove and leave to relax for 10 – 15 mins.
- Whilst the pork is resting, put all the ingredients and juices from the roasting tray into a pan. Add 1 pint of vegetable stock to this together with a splash of cream. (You might need more or less vegetable stock depending on the consistency of the sauce). Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Check the thickness of the sauce. If it’s too thick, add a touch more vegetable stock.
Become a fan of Beurre-Blanc on FACEBOOK here.