Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
INGREDIENTS (based on 2 people):
1 small shallot finely chopped
Half a garlic clove finely chopped
1oz of unsalted butter
1 tablespoon of whole black peppercorns, lightly crushed.
1 sprig of thyme
1 fluid oz of brandy to taste
100mls of beef stock
4.5 fluid oz of double cream
Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Add the butter, shallots and garlic to a pan and lightly fry without colour.
- Add the lightly crushed peppercorns.
- Add the brandy and burn off the alcohol.
- Add the beef stock and thyme, and reduce for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the double cream.
Season with salt and pepper to taste